HRTorQue runs a series of webinars. Below are some of our free webinars. Should you wish to get on our reporter list to find out what webinars are available feel free to contact us.
Disclaimer: All video presentations is for educational purposes only. Any advice given in the video presentation by HRTorQue is not intended to be a substitute for full, legal or other professional advice. Individual circumstances may vary and legislation may change. HRTorQue makes no claims or warrantees as to the accuracy, authenticity or comprehensiveness of the information contained in this video presentation provided by HRTorQue.
Tax Overview – Individual Tax Payers – 12 Aug 2020
- What are auto-assessments?
- Important focus areas – annual tax returns
- What is Provisional Tax?
EMP501 and IRP5s – Practical Guidance – 29 Sep 2021
- Extracting your tax certificates, loading them on to Easyfile and processing your EMP501.
- Psiber or Sage VIP & Sage 300 People users
Tax Consequences for Employees – Covid 19 – 29 Jul 2020
- The ‘home office’ concept
- Tax treatment of payments to employees during the lockdown and TERS benefit period
How to Manage the Retrenchment Process – S.A – 15 Jul 2020
- Retrenchments due to the covid-19 pandemic
- Key issues to consider and be aware of in retrenchment processes
Employment Equity Compliance – 8 July 2020
- Understanding who is required to comply with Employment Equity and the consequences of not complying
- How Covid19 impacts Employment Equity
HR & People Risk Assessment & Solutions – 10 June 2020
- Are you on top of all of your key HR & People risks? Don’t get caught out in the coming months when you can least afford it.
- Explore the key risks and ways to effectively manage these
What do employers look for when recruiting? – 9 Sep 2020
- How to interview well
- How to stay relevant between jobs
- What to say and what not to say in a CV or interview
Cash Flow Management and Creating Competitive Advantage during COVID – 19 – 16 Sep 2020
- In conjunction with Inoxico we share some best practices on how to get ahead of the rest by managing your cash flow better.
Insurance Lessons Learnt from Covid – 23 Sep 2020
The webinar touched on these topics: medical aid; pension/provident funds; emergency funds; general finance; early withdrawal of funds and a few others.
Employment Equity – Am I designated and am I compliant? – 11 Aug 2021
- Understanding who is required to comply
- Consequences of not complying
Psychometric Testing – 21 Oct 2020
- Background and context to psychometric testing
- Benefits of Psychological assessment within the corporate environment
Skills Audit – 28 Oct 2020
- Gain a clear understanding of employees’ skills and abilities
- Take advantage of previously unidentified skills in the workforce
- Plan for more effective recruitment and development
How to Conduct Competency-based Interviews – 3 Nov 2020
- What are competency-based Interviews?
- How to put your own competency based interview together?
- How does it differ from normal interviews?
Employee Engagement – 18 Nov 2020
- Manage your talent to get a competitive advantage
- What is employee engagement?
- What employee engagement is not
Stress Management – 23 Sep 2021
- What is Stress? How does worrying affect you?
- Difference between stress, worry and anxiety
- Understanding the brain and positive brain programming
Covid-19 Talkback – 3 Feb 2021
- Background: First and second wave of COVID-19 in SA
- COVID-19 symptoms progression, and risk factors
- Established Treatment approaches for COVID-19
Psychology Behind Conspiracy Theories – 17 Mar 2021
- When do conspiracy theories thrive?
- Who believes in it?
- Become a critical news consumer
2021 Budget Review and Legislative Update – 24 Mar 2021
- 2021 Budget
- A brief review of the PAYE / UIF / SDL and COIDA legislative amendments applicable to the new tax year
Travel Allowances, Company Car Fringe Benefit & Subsistence Allowances – 31 Mar 2021
- Travel and subsistence allowances
- The company car fringe benefit
Skills Development – Getting the Best Results – 21 Apr 2021
- The webinar is aimed at providing employers with relevant and valuable information on skills development and funding opportunities.
Bursaries a Payroll & Human Resources Perspective – 5 May 2021
- The recent history of salary sacrifices as a bursary implementation tool
- Changes to bursary legislation as of 1 March 2021
Body Language and Non Verbal Communication – 16 Sep 2021
- How to know when someone is lying in an interview
- What you can do and should not do!
- Why is body language important?
Managing Time and Attendance – 9 Jun 2021
- Managing T&A for remote workers
- Why T&A matters in your business?
- What to look for in a timekeeping system
The tax obligations of individual taxpayers for the 2021 Tax Filing Season – 23 Jun 2021
- Auto assessment, what this means and do you qualify
- Covid-19 Home office claims
Recruitment – Do’s and Don’ts – 30 June 2021
- The pitfalls and costs of recruiting badly
- Pre-employment checks – What can you and can you not ask for
- The importance of a reference check
Job Grading – 7 July 2021
- The job grading process
- Organisation Structure
- Communication and feedback to staff
Emotional Intelligence – 06 Oct 2021
- What is Emotional Intelligence?
- How do I get better at this?
- Practice self-awareness
Employment costs and ways to save money – 21 July 2021
- What are the common payroll mistakes and what can they cost you?
- How to use data analytics to save payroll and HR costs.
An introduction to COID and the practicalities of an IOD claim– 28 July 2021
- Introduction to COID (Workman’s Compensation)
- Working through the practicalities of an IOD claim.
Occupational Health and Safety– 4 August 2021
- OHS background
- Legislation surrounding OHS
- Types of accidents in the workplace
Use of Criminal checks, Credit checks and Polygraphs in the Workplace – 18 Aug 2021
- When can these checks be used in the workplace?
- Can an employee or prospective employee be rejected or terminated based solely on a negative outcome?
SARS eFiling Changes – 25 Aug 2021
- Updating a registered representative
- Changes to the request of tax type profiles and the release of such
- The legacy system and where old details can be found
Employee or Independent Contractor? – 01 Sep 2021
- How does the legislation hold an ‘employer’ accountable for making the employee / independent contractor decision?
- How the BCEA and LRA define an ‘employee’
The Truth about Polygraphs – 08 Sep 2021
- The benefits polygraphs have for businesses
- How HR professionals can get maximum value from using this investigative too
Tax Consequences of Immigrating – 21 October 2021
- Breaking tax residency – how to notify SARS
- Pressure on expats – Targeted by SARS
- RA/Pension/Provident – rules on exit
How to claim UIF – 11 November 2021
- Common problems faced when claiming
- Types of benefits that an individual may claim
- Criteria for each benefit
Study Methods – 17 November 2021
- How to remember using visualisation
- Positive brain programming
- Difference between the long- and short-term memory
It’s OK not to be OK – 19January 2022
- Enabling teams to name and share their emotions, feelings and mood in a safe place.
- Emotions can get in the way or get you on the way