HRTorQue offers a wide range of pre-employment checks.
Statistics show that many job applicants lie on their resumes and CVs about their criminal history, previous employment and educational qualifications in order to get a job.
The result of this is that many employers only find out after they have employed the person that he/she has not been truthful. As an employer you can go down the route of handling the matter through discipline or performance however the employee can still go to CCMA, which is time consuming and sometimes costly.
The best and most cost effective way of dealing with this situation is to conduct pre-employment checks and screening on prospective employees prior to employing them.
Common Pre-employment Checks
- Criminal Clearance via fingerprints
- Criminal Clearance via ID Number
- Credit Bureau Report – TransUnion
- Credit Bureau Report – Experian
- Matric Verification or Umalusi Other – Pre 1992
- Academic Qualification Verification (South Africa)
- N Level Qualification Verification
- Academic Qualification Verification (Sub Saharan Africa)
- Academic Qualification Verification (Global)
- Reference Checks – per reference of up to 3 previous employers
- Driver’s Licence Verification
- Sexual Offence Clearance Checks
- Child Protection Register Clearances*
Please Note: Sexual Offence Clearance Checks and Child Protection Register Clearances are legal requirements for any person who has access to children.
For more information and costs on the above please contact us.